Last Day to Register to Vote: Thursday, April 11, 2013
First Day of Early Voting By Personal Appearance: Monday, April 29, 2013
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked): Friday, May 3, 2013 (May 4, 2013 is the seventh day, but deadline moves back to preceding business day, Friday)
Last Day of Early Voting By Personal Appearance: Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail – May 11, 2013 (election day) at 7:00 p.m. (unless overseas deadline applies)
ELECTION DAY – SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2013
Register To Vote
To vote in Texas, you must be registered. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. Get your application here.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
• You are a United States citizen;
• You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
• You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
• You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
• You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
• Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
• Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
• Your first and last name.
Find out if you are already registered: https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/viw/faces/SearchSelectionVoter.jsp